- Download latest version: https://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions/releases/latest
- Release notes: https://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions/blob/master/GitUI/Resources/ChangeLog.md
- Online manual: https://git-extensions-documentation.readthedocs.org/en/latest/?
- Source code: http://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions
- Issue tracker: http://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions/issues
- Mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/gitextensions
- Donate: PayPal
- Windows Explorer integration for Git
- Visual Studio (2008/2010/2012/2013) plugin for Git
- Feature rich user interface for Git
- Single installer installs MSysGit, GitExtensions and the mergetool KDiff3
- 32bit and 64bit support
- Clone - Git Extensions - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlZXSkJGKF8
- Commit changes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8uvje6X7lo
- Push changes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JByfXdbVAiE
- Pull changes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g8gXPsi5Ko
- Handle merge conflicts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmc39RvuGM8
View Commit Log
The full commit history can be browsed. Branches are shown using a graph which highlights commits that are included in the current revision.
Explore the history of single files. Renamed and moved files are matched and shown in a single history. You do not need to mark files as renamed/moved. The system detects renamed files automatically.
Find the last person that edited a specific part of a file. Double click on the line shows the commit and allows you to drill-down to other files.
Git Extensions runs on multiple platforms using Mono.
The active community of Git Extensions is still growing and is supporting Git Extensions for over two years now.